Department of Public Libraries job Circular 2019. Recently Department of Public Libraries job Circular 2019 publishes in a reputed Bangladeshi daily and in the department website under Ministry of cultural affairs. The job Circular is giving great opportunity of Government job to the job seekers. If you want to get the job, read the Circular carefully fast. Then if you think you have the required qualification for the very job, don’t late to apply for the job before the deadline.
Department of Public Libraries job Circular 2019 Details
Organization: Department of Public Libraries
Mother organization: Ministry of Cultural Affairs
Job type: Government job
Nature of the job: permanent job
Salary: read the Circular carefully
Age limit: 18 to 30 years.
Application deadline: 10 October, 2019
The History of Department of Public Libraries
01. Genesis of The Library Public Libraries are an integral part of a democratic society. Eradication of illiteracy from the society, preservation of reading materials, development of education, aware democratic consciousness, develop the moral values, socio-economic development and above all to serve the information needs of the general public are the basic objectives of the public libraries. In order to achieve the above mentioned goals, the Government of the than Pakistan established the Public Library with 10,040 books on 22 March 1958 at Dhaka University area. In 1977 library was shifted to its present position in 1977 and it was made open to the public in 1978. The Department of Public Libraries act as an apex Organization of the public library system in the country.
In 1983 a public library network system from the capital to the district level of the country was formed under the Department of Public Libraries direct administrative control of the Ministry of Cultural Affairs of the Government of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh. The Department of Public libraries, established at the behest of the Administrative Reorganization Committee in 1983.
Under the Department of Public Libraries there are 70 Government Public Libraries in the country which are mentioned bellow:
- 1 x Sufia Kamal National Public Library, Dhaka.
- 5 x Divisional Govt. Public Libraries (Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna, Barisal & Sylhet.)
- 58 x District Govt. Public Libraries (each district headquarter)
- 2 x Upzila Govt. Public Library (Dewangonj & Bakshigonj in Jamalpur District)
- 4 x Branch Govt. Public Library.
Knowledge based enlightened Society.
To enrich the total public of the country with knowledge & wisdom by rendering timesaving readers & information services through modern science & information technological facilities.
To buildup balanced & comprehensive book collection on each branches of knowledge with special emphasis on text and reference books; To shoulder responsibilities of reorganization and development of Public Libraries in the country; To render reference & advisory services to all citizens of the country; To organize the essay, book reading , rhyme & poetry recitation , reading circle competition etc. in the observance of the National Days to create reading habits; To render Information & Communication Technology based information services in National, Divisional, District & Upazila Public Libraries; To enhance the reader service, lending service, reference & information services ; To impart the training to the personnel for enhance their professional competence; To provide reading facilities and book lending service for all classes of readers. To provide research and reference services to scholars & government officials; Provide free internet service to the readers Physical Facilities
1. Sofia Kamal National Public Library:
This library situated in the campus of the Department of Public Libraries in the area of 3.02 acres land at Shahbagh in Dhaka city. It has general reading room, science reading room, reference reading room, stack and separate children’s section.
2. Auditorium & Seminar room:
There is a 525 seated auditorium named “Shawkat Osman Memorial Auditorium” and a 125 seated seminar room in the campus of the Department of Public Libraries.
3. Divisional Govt. Public Library, Chittagong:
This four storied library building having area of 4600 sft. situated on the campus of Chittagong Muslim Institute. It has four reading room, two stack and other facilities.
4. Divisional Govt. Public Library, Khulna:
This library situated at Boyra , Khulna with 2.24 acres of land having 22500 sft. This two storied building having two reading room, one book stack and other facilities exists here.
5. Divisional Govt. Public Library, Rajshahi:
This library situated in the Divisional headquarters of Rajshahi at the opposite side of the Rajshahi Medical college on 3.80 acres of land with a total area of 16720 sft. One storied Library buildings has one large reading room, one reference reading room, one book stack and other facilities. Another area librarian quarter, two unit staff quarter and prayer room facilities.
6. Divisional Govt. Public Library, Sylhet:
This library situated in the Divisional headquarters of Sylhet at the east side of Stadium on 0.4233 acres of land with a total area of 21524.84 sft. Four storied Library buildings has one general reading room, one reference reading room, one children reading room, one 100 seated auditorium, separate prayer room for man and woman. And another four unit dormitory.
7. Divisional Govt. Public Library, Barishal:
This library situated in the Divisional headquarters of Barishal near of B.M. College on 0.50 acres of land with a total area of 25211.50 sft. Four storied Library buildings has one general reading room, one science and reference reading room, one children reading room, one.
In our website we publish government jobs like
- Ministry of Finance Job Circular 2019
- Primary Assistant Teacher Exam Result 2019 District Wise
- Al Arafah Islami Bank Job Circular 2019
- Bangladesh Bank Job Circular 2019 – BB Notice
- Kazi Farms Job Circular 2019 – www.kazifarms.com
- Dudok job circular 2019
- Bangladesh Railway Job Circular 2019 – BD Railway Job
- MINISTRY OF DEFENCE BANGLADESH JOB CIRCULAR 2019
- BIWTA Job Circular 2019
- Bangladesh Army Circular 2019 | www.army.mil.bd 2018
- Cantonment Public School and College Job Circular 2019
Don’t forget to apply within the timeline. Otherwise it will be too late for you to apply.
Our Social Community:
To get update:Our Facebook Group
Facebook Page: Our Facebook Page